Friday, July 17, 2009

[papercreters] Making a papercrete planter

I want to make a papercrete planter. I first read about papercrete on Dave's garden site. A woman in Japan named Tom Tom posted pictures and instructions on the site.

The instructions were unclear to me, so I googled papercrete, papertufa...here I am.

I have molds for the planter, newspaper and quickcrete. TomTom used portland cement. I realize they are different. However, a partial bag of quickcrete is on hand and a 90 lb bag of portland cement is too heavy for me to purchase and transport by myself.

Does anyone have a recommended recipe using quickcrete and paper mush? I think proportions by volume would be easier, but I can weigh things if needed.

I realize that I can make the planter of quickcrete alone, but I would prefer a papercrete one. I think it would be lighter and more attractive.

I also read that adding borax to the mix helps prevent mold. Does anyone have experience with borax? How much do you add?

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/