Sunday, July 12, 2009

[papercreters] Don's nice new photos -was- Re: Building a tow mixer

Well, Slurryguy, I do have bees down here in the AZ out back and some have insinuated that I have bats in my belfry, but as far as donning a bee costume and stacking blocks, I don't think the world is ready for that and I don't think I am either although if one could rig up some kind of cooling device under the costume............water mister? .........plastic tubing coils with cool water pumped through?........nah, I'll just have to stick to the pouring water over me when I get too hot.


--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "slurryguy" <slurryguy@...> wrote:
>
> Just to make it easy for everyone to view Don's photos, here is a link that will take you straight to all 28 of his latest shots:
> http://tinyurl.com/DonsTowMixerModifications
>
> Keep in mind that you will not be able to view the photos unless you are Signed-In to your Yahoo Account, and that Yahoo Account must be a member of Papercreters before you will be able to see the photos. Hey, it's how Yahoo's system works and joining Papercreters is free, so quit your complaining! hehehe
>
>
> 28 really nice photos, Don. You've been a busy beaver!
> Wait... Beaver? In Arizona? Do they have Beavers there?
>
> Busy Bee! Yeah, that's it. I know they have bees in AZ.
>
> Everyone can now picture Don wearing a Saturday Night Live bee costume while stacking his papercrete block honeycomb. hehehe.
>
>
>
> --- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "donald1miller" <donald1miller@> wrote:
> >
> > After I made this last post I decided to look for my pictures again and I found them in a subfolder in the folder that I intended to save them in. Hooray! I am posting them and will do a descrition as well. SlurryGuy I like the idea of making the elephant trunk long enough to reach over the top of the tank. If I can find another tube I will try it. I think it would need to be clamped very securely on the top but should be doable. This would eliminate the trap door arrangement and would making placing the mix in the forms easier.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > --- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "donald1miller" <donald1miller@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Well, the pictures I took are floating around somewhere in cyber space as I don't know what I did wrong when I moved them from the memory stick to a My Pictures folder. I'll take some more tomorrow and see if I can do the save properly. I hope the baffles hold up as there is probably some force on them as the cardboard starts to go around. I'm thinkin they will but if they don't hold up I can bend and weld a metal one. I didn't get the cut exactly perfect when I ripped the 4X6 so one is a tad bit smaller than the other. At any rate they are approximately 5 inches protruding into the tank. It was an easy fix for sure.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > --- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "slurryguy" <slurryguy@> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > Fantastic news Donald,
> > > >
> > > > I'm happy the baffles helped, and I look forward to seeing the photos.
> > > >
> > > > For that matter, I look forward to seeing regular progress reports (and photos) about your construction progress. (hint hint) I'm certain everyone else would enjoy that as well. No doubt many will be interested and want to ask you questions. What do you say everyone? Should we all pester Don to get him to post lots of updates?
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Keep up the good work Don.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > --- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "donald1miller" <donald1miller@> wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > > <snip>
> > > > >
> > > > >Well I must say that these baffles worked absoulutely great! It pulped the cardboard and I didn't have the glob of uncut stuff around the blade when I got to the bottom of the tank as I was emptying it. I took a bunch of pictures as per our esteemed moderator the Slurry Guy recommends and I will post them so you can see the results.
> > > > >
> > > > ><snip>
> > > >
> > >
> >
>


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/