Monday, January 4, 2010

[papercreters] Re: Is There a Video On Constructing a 55 Gallon Drum Mixer

Hey There;

There is a better way to get inside info.. Papercreters are by and
large a friendly bunch. They are almost purposely scattered to all
corners of the earth. There is no doubt one near you? Sooo..... grab
your camera and go for a visit! If you are near the N.E. corner of Wa.
state you can see remnants and pieces of my 20 years of "prototypes".
Look in the photos gallery and you will see the variety of my folly. You
might want to realize that most all drum style mixers to date were built
in Faith. That is, they were done not knowing what would for sure
happen. Looking at the pix gives you a partial knowledge from which to
derive a materials list. Like sticking a staff in the water... the shear
effort of your scavenger hunt will reveal much to you!? I actually have
a file on the construction af a gas version. I just need to remember
which list has it?? I by the way do not recommend electric
versions........ I can show you four fried motors of various h.p. ranges
that attest to their weakness. A flywheel is a must... and all lawn
mower engines have them.

So.... if you want a mixer heres what you do. Go get a good running
lawnmower for 10$ at the Habitat for Humanity thrift store. While there
buy a dead rototiller. Then swing over to the oil company and buy a 5$
metal drumm 55 G.. Then scrounge the pipe that holds one of 10,000 dead
TV dishes 2" thick wall. Scrounge some 3" angle iron while at it.....
take 2 aspirin and call me when your done.

Happy
Trails............... Bob


--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "daschundpal" <daschundpal@...>
wrote:
>
> Hi,
> In going through some of the older emails it looks like a lot of great
information is available here. As someone new to papercrete I will just
take my time and see some of the threads that have developed. The
youtube videos pull you right in and make you want to start a project. I
have a number of videos myself including one on how to construct a tow
mixer. What I would like is a video on how to construct a 55 gallon drum
mixer (metal or heavy plastic) that uses a tough strong gas or electric
motor. I've seen several of these in photos and videos but unless I am
missing something, I have not seen a video on how to construct one. Have
a great new year.
> elliott
>

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/