Friday, January 15, 2010

[papercreters] De-lurking [Was: (no subject]

I tried to reply to Judith's post before, but as some people have noted, Yahoo! isn't terribly consistent with posting. Her post shows the arrow next to it that should mean I've replied to it, but there's nothing in my "Sent" folder (nor Drafts, nor Trash...).

Anyhow, I've not posted (successfully, see above!) before, but I've been experimenting a bit with pulp only slurry made in a 5-gallon pail, forms, whether to compress pulp into the form and drying times. I envision my first "real" project will be non-structural insulating panels for the skirting around my mobile home. I've built a 2' x 2' x 4" form out of 1/4" hardware cloth lined with fiberglass window screen, and those panels seem appropriate.

I do have a question for the more experienced people out there; What sort of anti-mold/insect/critter additives and in what amounts would one recommend for a non-structural, no-cement insulating panel?

Sincerely,
Chris Craft in chilly NW Colorado.



------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/