Thursday, January 21, 2010

Re: [papercreters] Experiment with EPS

Mike, John and I are working to make the recipe database  (www.papercreters.org) accomodate all manner of variables in material, mixing devices and units. All of the things you've mentioned are in our list - that's one of the reasons it is taking us sooo long!
Tina, Mike and John in Colorado


From: MMMMall <MMMmall@comcast.net>
To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wed, January 20, 2010 3:21:43 PM
Subject: RE: [papercreters] Experiment with EPS

 

I have also been lurking and learning and have not done much yet but did want to caution anyone breaking up styrofoam, etc, that it will fly everywhere unless you have a way to contain it.  I was adding some to twigs and leaves in my shredder and we are still trying to find all the places it went. 
 
I also hope we will find a common way to measure the recipes.  Mostly they are confusing and sometimes too daunting for us newbies.  I'm still in the area of cups and gallons.  They can always be multiplied for the larger projects.  A barrel is 55 gallons, wet or dry.  It would be nice if that was specified also.  Maybe even a ratio, whole or shredded, cubic feet, 2/1/1, etc.  Just an idea and I am willing to work with someone to standardize recipes but it would have to be someone that knows a whole lot more about papercrete than I do so far.
 
Otherwise, great group!
 
Marilyn in Colorado
FREE Animations for your email - by IncrediMail! Click Here!