Sunday, January 17, 2010

RE: [papercreters] Re: Gypsum



You are thinking along my lines with regard to gypsum sticking to wood. I also learned something about gypsum from reading about its agricultural use. It somehow removes or equalizes(? can't think of the word I want - nullifies?, corrects?) salt in the soil. So maybe it does something to help cure the cement?
Does anyone know what I am talking about here?

Sincerely, Judith

Check out my new Squidoo Lens at http://www.squidoo.com/papercretebyjudith




i'm EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me



To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
From: alexis.marcil@gmail.com
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 19:30:10 +0000
Subject: [papercreters] Re: Gypsum

 
I was thinkning of adding gypsm(plaster of paris) to my mix for slipforming. I think it would be great to fill the small place to get to the windows/post/door since it's supposed to stick to wood so well, if the mix is dry, it should minimalize shrinkage a lot... haven't tested it yet though.




__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___