Sunday, January 17, 2010

Re: [papercreters] Re: Gypsum



I would contact my University County Extension and ask them, or your University Engineering department and ask them.
We pay their wages.
Some Uni have departments of Construction Sci, they may have data on this product.
If it turns out great we will all benefit.

Calle


From: JUDITH WILLIAMS <williams_judith@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 15:27:43 -0700
To: papercreters papercreters<papercreters@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [papercreters] Re: Gypsum

 

You are thinking along my lines with regard to gypsum sticking to wood. I also learned something about gypsum from reading about its agricultural use. It somehow removes or equalizes(? can't think of the word I want - nullifies?, corrects?) salt in the soil. So maybe it does something to help cure the cement?
Does anyone know what I am talking about here?

Sincerely, Judith

Check out my new Squidoo Lens at http://www.squidoo.com/papercretebyjudith




i'm EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me



To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
From: alexis.marcil@gmail.com
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 19:30:10 +0000
Subject: [papercreters] Re: Gypsum

 
I was thinkning of adding gypsm(plaster of paris) to my mix for slipforming. I think it would be great to fill the small place to get to the windows/post/door since it's supposed to stick to wood so well, if the mix is dry, it should minimalize shrinkage a lot... haven't tested it yet though.




__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___