Friday, January 22, 2010

[papercreters] Re: Just a little tidbit of information

Why do you shred paper? I have build a towmixer and i can put almost anything in it(cardboard boxes and whole newspapers) without shredding it so it seems like a waist of time to shred the paper?

About the strength of the papercrete, i would be nice to see some test of pc made from different kind of paper/cardboard.

--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "countryatheartok" <criswells.ok@...> wrote:
>
>
> I'm one of the people in this group that uses a 14 page paper shredder
> to do my shredding with. It really great to be able to shred when the
> weather outside is wet or cold. I've been shredding every tidbit of
> paper or cardboard I can get my hands on. I even shred all my containers
> like cracker boxes, jello boxes, maccoronin boxes, tooth paste
> boxes......etc, paper towel and toliet paper rollers. If it's made from
> paper I shred it. I'm thinking all these hard paper products will add to
> the strength of my papercrete. I've also been shreding those better
> quality paper plates (I wash them after use and when dry I shred them,
> they are extremely tough) Would like to know if anyone else has though
> of using this hodge podge of recyclable goods.
>
> BTB
>


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/