Friday, January 22, 2010

Re: [papercreters] Just a little tidbit of information]





A problem with aggregate is clogging of sprayers. Some bales of shredded paper that I bought years ago came with shredded credit cards, cd's, window envelopes, overnight envelopes (tyvec), and a few beer bottles. All of those tend to clog sprayers.

I have thrown all sorts of stuff into my mixer, including bamboo. Styrofoam has to be pre shredded or it just tends to float around on top of the mix, even with lots of agitation. The bamboo was hard to break down. It did shred into long fibers that probably helped reinforce the papercrete, but never turned into anything like pulp.

If I ever get a chain flail built (as soon as it warms up some) then I'm going to be feeding it just about everything that will go down its throat. I don't intend to put too much filler junk into any one mixer load unless it is all good insulation. Junkcrete won't be used for spraying unless I can run it through a sorter/sizer first.

spaceman



Perry Way wrote:
Not me, but I know I read something about adding all kinds of aggregate into the mix.  I am thinking it is here.  Someone is using shredded CD's too.  You might do a search on the archives of this group (online on the website) and you might pull up a message.  Perhaps keyword "shred".

Perry



__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___