Thursday, January 14, 2010

Re: [papercreters]




(First post)
I joined the list a while back and have been lurking to see what ideas I could glean.  I've seen lots of interesting topics roll by...

Myself, I've mixed a couple of 5-gallon pails of pulp-only slurry and have been fiddling with forms, compressing water out, drying times and such.  My last effort was a non-compressed pour into a 2' x 2' x 4" form made out of 1/4" hardware cloth lined with fiberglass window screen.  I let it dry over about 3 weeks' time (I was out of town on vacation), and it was a great success, though I think I'll press more pulp into the form next time for better finished thickness.  I'm planning on using these panels to insulate inside the skirting of my mobile home to reduce the chances of pipes freezing, and am interested to hear what mixes people use for non-structural panels (read: no cement, but added anti-mold/critter agent).

Cheers from chilly NW Colorado,
Chris.

--- On Thu, 1/14/10, JUDITH WILLIAMS <williams_judith@hotmail.com> wrote:

From: JUDITH WILLIAMS <williams_judith@hotmail.com>
Subject: [papercreters]
To: "papercreters papercreters" <papercreters@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Thursday, January 14, 2010, 3:51 PM

 

I've spent the day reviewing a bunch of old papercreter' s group emails. It seems so many who used to contribute regularly haven't been heard from in a very long time. 

<<<CHOP>>>




__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___