Friday, January 8, 2010

[papercreters] McCains Sissor mixer- on Bills DVD, on topic

Hi All, I had seen and photographed Mikes Sissor mixer which goes in a
55 gal metal drum. The blades are actually short pieces angle iron,
and attached with bolts to a thick metal pole that passes thru the
drum and is held in place with wood blocks.

This mixer is so damn fast it ain't funny-- a friend bought the ones
Mike used to make and we were able to do a short assembly set of how
to build it.

there are 2 spinning blades bolted to the pipe, and 3 fixed 'blades"
that rest a few inches above the drum bottom, when it is turned on
using a car hook up ( differential?) the two spinning blades pass
between the 3 fixed blades and chop the hell out of the paper in just
seconds. in less than 2 minutes the drum is a pure slurry mix, it is
so powerful. MIke made the blades for $75 about 5 years ago, but now
that he lives in mexico he may not, and ther may have been a safety
issue he found, I DO NOT know for sure.
_________________________________
MIke was filmed on these blades in action on the Bill Sitkin DVD--
and he just reissued them. email bill at "Bill Sitkin"
<yogabill2@gmail.com

Here is an email he sent me:
"Bill Sitkin" <yogabill2@gmail.com
SELLING City of the Sun Papercrete & Nader Khalili Earthbag DVDs
I finally got around to transferring these two programs to DVD and am
wondering if you are still interested in selling them through Dirt
Cheap?
take care
+++++++++++++++++++++
if you build your own then you can buy angle iron, cut to lengths,
and the screw bolts,

Now I am not promoting what I have, but I did carry a full set of
photos for assembly of all parts to make the mixer for $12. Like
spaceman I dont want to get sued if someone makes it wrong and the
bolts fly off, and smak a goat or a person in the skull and kill them.
or something similar, but it seems a hard lid placed OVER the mixing
drum might prevent any thing from comeing out except wet mix
splashes., so I just offer them as a set of images, assembly
required, talk to Mike McCain for more info, but understand he needs
to make a living and cant talk for free to 60 people who just want
info..


lastly DONT worry over VInce P, -- he has been a bit of a 'tightly
wound' person from my talking to him. He accused me ( and was very
"suspicious of my intentions!!) of wanting to "steal" and sell the
content info from the conference... when I just offered to help
distribute for sale anything they wants to package AFTER the event--
since I am a publisher fer gosh'sakes. . As far as I know he has not
shared anything from the first conference to help anyone, so we'll let
that stand as it is. I cant even find a list of who attended to ask
people their experience on my own. Judith was there as I recall.

It does no good to be an ivory tower collegiate type ( he teaches at a
jr college I think) and demand better behavoir or he will take
hisself away from us when the lists are all alike!! -- they all
digress a bit, then come back. One person being in a big huff over
too many long emails means nothing, I hate it too, and it is a waste
of cyberspace archives and for slow dial up people, but what can you
do when even the most experienced people dont change the subject, or
clip messages??


I have been cut off of this list by the moderators for announcing I
was retiring, and offering a link to free books online to try and HELP
the readers,-- so this list does not tolerate anything it feels is far
off the mark.
.
life is too short to worry over these small inconveniences.

--
Charmaine Taylor Publishing << feeling cranky and bruised still
www.papercrete.com
www.stuccosprayer.com
http://www.amazon.com/shops/humboldtcoast
Or search Amazon.com books for "Modern Pise"


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/