Friday, January 22, 2010

Re: [papercreters] Re: Just a little tidbit of information



Sounds good Bob.  I would make sure neither of the holders is sleepy or distractable.  It could get exciting otherwise. 
I too, am planning my second towmixer being a stationary one.  If set up right near (or in) the construction site then a trash pump can get it to the proper portion of the wall where it is needed.  My first one died near the end of last summer and over the Christmas break I disassembled it to find bearings shot and the bowl full of oil and water.  Must have had a leaky seal at the top of the column over the last 3 years of use.
Ron



From: countryatheartok <criswells.ok@sbcglobal.net>
To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Fri, January 22, 2010 5:02:06 PM
Subject: [papercreters] Re: Just a little tidbit of information

 

Ron I just bought the Two Man Auger shown below. I'm going to mount it over a 200 Gal Water Tank, on two rails that will allow me to move the auger from side to side or lock in the center. I may use the auger and I may just install a shaft with a chopper blade on the bottom or a series of chopper blades up and down the shaft. I'm going to mount the tank on a two wheel trailer made from the front axle of a Old Dodge Pick-up truck. I'll be able to move it from place to place without the need to pull it around to pulp paper.  I probably will not mix papercrete in it at all, I'll just use it to pulp paper and cardboard, then dump or dip the pulp onto a screen and catch the water and reuse as much as possible. I'll then put the wet drained pulp into my mixer and add cement while mixing, after a time I'll add clay or clay and sand.

Two Man Auger


--- In papercreters@ yahoogroups. com, Ron Richter <ronerichter@ ...> wrote:

 Bob,
 Even though I don't shred my paper I do the same thing. In the kitchen are 2 trash cans one for NOT PAPER the other for PAPER. In the paper bin one will find discarded flyers, magazines, old books, egg cartons, and any soft paper (paper towels, tissues). Out in the woodshed is the box depository and newspaper. There also, is where the neighbors drop off prize bundles of newspaper or catalogs and such. 
I cut all glued magazine backs off on the bandsaw (National Geographic (have staples too) and big catalogs) because they will wrap around the leading edge of the blade and reduce the effective cutting power. When this happens in a tow mixer you have to back up frequently, but they still wrap up the leading edge of the blade.
 Ron
 
>
>
>
> ____________ _________ _________ __
> Bob Wrote: Would like to know if anyone else has though of using this hodge podge of recyclable goods.
> BTB
>



__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___