Thursday, February 7, 2008

[papercreters] Hello

   Hello all I am new to group and thought I should introduce myself before I drive you nuts with questions.
My Wife and I just bought 2 acres of land in NM. We have been researching different building materials to build a small energy efficient desert dwelling for quiet some time. We live on a fixed income so money is a big consideration as is weight of building material. We will be building this house on our own. My father was a stone mason so before I went into the military I worked with him in the summers so I do know a little about building.
 
   One of the problems I have ran into in researching papercrete is all the sights I have found on my own using search engines tells us all about the benefits of using papercrete but when it comes to the mechanics of it say travel to us give us several hundred dollars and we will show and tell you how it is done. I have no problem with this people need to make a living off of what they know. However for me the cost of the travel, hotel and cost of course  would strain our budget past the point of buying food paying rent and other things to make life bareable. So I will be going through the archives and links and asking a lot of very basic questions hear in hopes of gaining the knowledge we will need.
 
   By the way if any one hear teaches the classes I mean no disrespect I think it is great just out of my reach.

__._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___