Sunday, February 17, 2008

RE: [papercreters] Re: Layering and the use of latex paint

I'm not much of a "tester" but if I were going to use papercrete for a stemwall I would consider applying the Drylock to the slab (are you using a slab?) or whatever is under the stemwall, then painting the first layer of papercrete blocks with it. It would be important to keep that layer puncture free so moisture wouldn't enter and be trapped there. I used pumice in polypropylene bags as my stemwall. I haven't seen any moisture wicking up where the stemwall is over 6", but where it is almost on grade it does get wet with a heavy rain.


To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
From: elf@elfnori.com
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 06:42:24 -0800
Subject: Re: [papercreters] Re: Layering and the use of latex paint

Also, it might be worth embedding moisture sensors in each walls at the
bottom inside the waterproof layer and directly above that sensor in the
regular papercrete part of the wall. I don't want to spend a lot of money
on this, but I think the sensors would tell us a lot.

Dusty? Yes? No? Thoughts?

ElfN




Helping your favorite cause is as easy as instant messaging. You IM, we give. Learn more. __._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___