Sunday, February 17, 2008

[papercreters] Re: Layering and the use of latex paint

use latex based Drylock masonry sealer- it is non-toxic and works
great - Clyde--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, Garth & Kim Travis
<gartht@...> wrote:
>
> Greetings,
> There are sealers available that will stop the wicking. You paint them
> on the ferrocement, then do as you planned. It has been a few years
> since I worked with it, but I managed to find it at Rental Service
> Centers, places that rent industrial equipment.
>
> Bright Blessings,
> Kim
>
> ElfNori wrote:
> > I'm working through plans for my chicken house and I have a
> > thought/question. Reminder: I'm using porous forms and am pouring
the
> > walls. I'm going to predrain as much as I can on this project and
> > shovel the drained mix into my wall forms, packing it in place as
best I
> > can. This is a small project, so that should be feasible way to
handle
> > things, though watching Mikey shlep buckets of papercrete up to pour
> > into his battery dome frame looked like physical labor . . .
> >
> > Here's my question. If I make the first batch with latex and lay
that
> > on my ferrocement floor, will that help prevent wicking of water from
> > the ferrocement floor to the papercrete walls? If the layer is 2-4"
> > deep and allowed to thoroughly dry before more papercrete is added
. . .
> > ? Thoughts? Opinions? Best guesses? Suggestions?
> >
> > ElfN
> >
>



Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/