Monday, February 18, 2008

Re: [papercreters] Papercrete for modelling/sculpting.

I have made papercrete mushrooms and an angel, but I just used
newspaper, cement and joint compound (not used when building papercrete houses as far as I know)
here is an angel I did  in different stages..
 

Here are some mushrooms I did -- My mushrooms have been outside all winter and I have found no adverse effect on them from the snow freezing and whatever.
 
I am wondering since you are trying to mold it inside the plastic container, if that could be the issue (not being more exposed to the air to be able to dry).  The things I have done I mold outside of a container... using an upside down pie plate then covering it with sand and patting to the basic shape I want then putting down plastic and putting the papercrete on top of the plastic for the bottoms of the mushrooms I just plopped some papercrete down on a plastic sheet then worked it with the plastic around the papercrete - kind of into a hershey kiss shape and pushing down on the top so the top of the mushroom has a place to sit.  It's the only way I have found to get a smooth finish.... By being able to work the papercrete and smooth it the way I want.  If I didn't explain something well enough let me know and I will try to do better.
Not sure if any of this will help you but I hope so... :o)
Carol




Delicious ideas to please the pickiest eaters. Watch the video on AOL Living.
__._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___