Sunday, February 17, 2008

[papercreters] Layering and the use of latex paint

I'm working through plans for my chicken house and I have a thought/question.  Reminder: I'm using porous forms and am pouring the walls.  I'm going to predrain as much as I can on this project and shovel the drained mix into my wall forms, packing it in place as best I can.  This is a small project, so that should be feasible way to handle things, though watching Mikey shlep buckets of papercrete up to pour into his battery dome frame looked like physical labor . . .
 
Here's my question.  If I make the first batch with latex and lay that on my ferrocement floor, will that help prevent wicking of water from the ferrocement floor to the papercrete walls?  If the layer is 2-4" deep and allowed to thoroughly dry before more papercrete is added . . . ?  Thoughts?  Opinions?  Best guesses? Suggestions?
 
ElfN
__._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___