Sunday, February 17, 2008

Re: [papercreters] Layering and the use of latex paint

Greetings,
There are sealers available that will stop the wicking. You paint them
on the ferrocement, then do as you planned. It has been a few years
since I worked with it, but I managed to find it at Rental Service
Centers, places that rent industrial equipment.

Bright Blessings,
Kim

ElfNori wrote:
> I'm working through plans for my chicken house and I have a
> thought/question. Reminder: I'm using porous forms and am pouring the
> walls. I'm going to predrain as much as I can on this project and
> shovel the drained mix into my wall forms, packing it in place as best I
> can. This is a small project, so that should be feasible way to handle
> things, though watching Mikey shlep buckets of papercrete up to pour
> into his battery dome frame looked like physical labor . . .
>
> Here's my question. If I make the first batch with latex and lay that
> on my ferrocement floor, will that help prevent wicking of water from
> the ferrocement floor to the papercrete walls? If the layer is 2-4"
> deep and allowed to thoroughly dry before more papercrete is added . . .
> ? Thoughts? Opinions? Best guesses? Suggestions?
>
> ElfN
>



Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/