Monday, February 18, 2008

[papercreters] Re: Layering and the use of latex paint

HI EN, leave a short gap in the forms, insert a rubber or plastic
gasket into the gap so it rests on top of what you ahve already poured,
then continute the pour. Also in a structure for humans I might use a
row of glass blocks with anti-wicking mortar at the bottom. Added
light in the room too.

--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "ElfNori" <elf@...> wrote:
>
> I'm working through plans for my chicken house and I have a
thought/question. Reminder: I'm using porous forms and am pouring the
walls. I'm going to predrain as much as I can on this project and
shovel the drained mix into my wall forms, packing it in place as best
I can. This is a small project, so that should be feasible way to
handle things, though watching Mikey shlep buckets of papercrete up to
pour into his battery dome frame looked like physical labor . . .
>
> Here's my question. If I make the first batch with latex and lay
that on my ferrocement floor, will that help prevent wicking of water
from the ferrocement floor to the papercrete walls? If the layer is 2-
4" deep and allowed to thoroughly dry before more papercrete is
added . . . ? Thoughts? Opinions? Best guesses? Suggestions?
>
> ElfN
>



Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/