Tuesday, February 12, 2008

[papercreters] (English Translation) Re: intruducing myself...

Hi Martin,

I'll be answering in english, so there's no need for a translation... I'm soooo happy to see
that somebody has already tried this here... we got so many concerns about the climate
and espacially the snow (and more than never this year!!!) so i'm sure you understand our
preocupations. I would be trilled to have a chance to see your cat house and the way it got
through with winter... looking at it and touching would be so much better than reading!
We live in Ste-Therese, so if you agree, we could get in touch and meet sometime in the
next few weeks... (you got my email)

From all the answers I got (and thanks to all of you) I can see everybody agrees that our
biggest problem is the acceptance by municipal authorities. And one reason for that is the
lack of information availlable in french. But we are searching for a engeneer that will
accept to work with us in this project.

Anyways, I'll post another message when I get more info about it to keep you in touch (I
got to go).

Regards, and thanks again,

Mary-Jo

--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "slurryguy" <slurryguy@...> wrote:
>
> English Translation of martinlussierco's post as translated by
> http://ets.freetranslation.com/
> --------------------------------------------------------
> Hello, my name is Martin and I live close to Montreal me also. I
> allow myself to communicate you in French
> since my written English is insufficient. Grieved for my English-
> speaking friends.
>
> I test actively securing it paper or "papercrete" since a year
> already. I love this technique. Concerning
> your preoccupations on this material type facing our Nordic climate,
> I tend to be very optimist. I think that
> if you prevent the pads of "papercrete" to touch directly the ground
> and that your exterior finishing protects
> the walls of the direct contact with humidity (bigger moldings, water-
> repellant coating, traditional stucco,
> ...) all is possible. The biggest challenge seems, to my view point,
> the acceptance by municipal authorities
> of this principle of construction. The achievement of a permit of
> construction being obligatory for
> constructions of dwelling, this step is inevitable.
>
> I recommend you the following site:

Www.livinginpaper.com, as
> introduction (you know it peut-être? ). For my party, I modestly
> test with of small projects in order better mastery this type of
> materials. I made an
> exterior house for my three cats. She holds the blow, but I have
> well hastens in the spring to verify the effect of the cold one and
> snow on this construction. For the moment all perfectly intact
> semblance. I wish
> to make as early as the next year a porch does parpercrete of which
> bases it should be done old tires fill with earth. I wish equally to
> use the papercrete in the elaboration of my greenhouse. She already
> is
> constructed to 60% and I await the coming of the beautiful weather to
> carry out the last the works (flagstone in papercrete to level the
> ground and obtain the heat, walls and tablets of papercrete to store
> the heat,
> ...). A greenhouse, this is extremely humid, the test will be
> ultimate.
>
> I use equally the insulating property of the "papercrete". I
> stretched to make panels being able to be to
> have set up to the roof farms. Of this manner, I cut on the
> insulating traditional one, dearer. Also, I plan
> to make a wing to my house while using the papercrete in a
> traditional ossature some drinks (beam and beams
> 6x6). Thus, I save on the usage of the lumber and insulating one,
> etc. So much more than I anticipate a more
> spontaneous acceptance of my inspector in building.
>
> Good construction!
>
> Martin
>
>
>
> Original Follows:
> --- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "martinlussierco"
> <martinlussierco@> wrote:
> >
> > Bonjour, mon nom est Martin et j'habite près de Montréal moi
> > aussi. Je me permets de vous communiquer en français puisque mon
> > anglais écrit est insuffisant. Désolé pour mes amis
> > anglophones.
> >
> > J'expérimente activement le liant-papier ou «papercrete» depuis
> > une année déjà. J'adore cette technique. Concernant vos
> > préoccupations sur ce type de matériaux face à notre climat
> > nordique, j'ai tendance à être très optimiste. Je pense que si
> > vous empêchez les blocs de «papercrete» de toucher directement
> > le sol et que votre finition extérieure protège les murs du
> > contact direct avec l'humidité (plus grandes corniches, enduit
> > hydrofuge, stucco traditionnel,...) tout est possible. Le plus
> grand
> > défi semble, à mon point de vue, l'acceptation par les
> > autorités municipales de ce principe de construction. L'obtention
> > d'un permis de construction étant obligatoire pour des constructions
> > d'habitation, cette étape est inévitable.
> >
> > Je vous recommande le site suivant: www.livinginpaper.com,

comme
> > introduction (vous le connaissez peut-être?). Pour ma part,
> > j'expérimente modestement avec de petits projets afin de mieux
> > maîtriser ce type de matériaux. J'ai fabriqué une maison
> > extérieure pour mes trois chats. Elle tient le coup, mais j'ai bien
> > hâte au printemps pour vérifier l'effet du froid et de la neige
> > sur cette construction. Pour l'instant tout semble parfaitement
> intact.
> > Je souhaite fabriquer dès l'an prochain un porche fait de
> parpercrete
> > dont la base devrait être faite de vieux pneus remplis de terre. Je
> > souhaite également utiliser le papercrete dans l'élaboration de ma
> > serre. Elle est déjà construite à 60% et j'attends la venue du
> > beau temps pour effectuer les derniers les travaux (dalle en
> papercrete
> > pour niveler le sol et capter la chaleur, murs et tablettes de
> > papercrete pour emmagasiner la chaleur, ...). Une serre, c'est
> > extrêmement humide, le test sera ultime.
> >
> > J'utilise également les propriétés isolantes du
> > «papercrete». Je tente de fabriquer des panneaux pouvant être
> > fixés aux fermes de toit. De cette manière, je coupe sur les
> > isolants traditionnels, plus chers. Aussi, je planifie fabriquer une
> > aile à ma maison en utilisant le papercrete dans une ossature
> > traditionnelle en bois (poutre et madriers 6x6). Ainsi, j'économise
> > sur l'utilisation du bois d'œuvre et de l'isolant, etc. D'autant
> > plus que j'anticipe une acceptation plus spontanée de mon inspecteur
> > en bâtiment.
> >
> > Bonne construction!
> >
> > Martin
> >
> <snip>
>


Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/