Thursday, January 7, 2010

[papercreters] Thanks Perry, you are a wise man. We can all learn many differnt ways.



Vince, apparently I am one of the offenders you refer to. So far everyone here as been gracious and helpful to me a real "Green Horn".

I am sorry that my feelings have offended you.
Being new I even wrote a note asking a "Mod" to write to me. Had no response, so had no guidelines on which to go on.
We each have our own ideas, but I for one am going to learn as much as I can, repeated over and over.
These kind folks give freely of their time to make my learning better.

Calle


From: Perry Way <perryway@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 11:54:08 -0800
To: <papercreters@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [papercreters] FW: dropping papercreters list

 

Well these kind of things he is citing occur all over the web.  I wouldn't be overly concerned that this place is any different.  Actually it occurs here a lot less than other places.  There's a photography user group site that I paid to join and over there "thread hijacking" occurs quite often.  And that's a paid site.  This place is free.  It's sad to see when someone can't take something but in the end I likely think there's some other triggers at play.


Perry


On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 11:31 AM, JUDITH WILLIAMS <williams_judith@hotmail.com> wrote:
 



Sincerely, Judith

Check out my new Squidoo Lens at http://www.squidoo.com/papercretebyjudith




i'm EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me


> Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 12:29:08 -0700
> From: pawlowski@ultrasw.com
> To: williams_judith@hotmail.com
> Subject: Re: dropping papercreters list
>
> Hi Judith,
>
> Glad you cared. However, it is too late, it was not a threat. I would
> not make an "idle threat", to me, its just another lie, like
> saber-rattling politicians make all the time. I just dropped my
> delivery of the digest, changing to getting only special notices. I may
> re-enlist when the quality improves.
>
> It wasn't only the political stuff. The group is extremely cliquish and
> chatty, there are too many re-posts of previous messages with only a
> "ditto" response, too many people repost entire digests, the list is
> full of off-topic posts, posts don't respect basic netiquette, subject
> lines don't match the content, and lastly, illiterate people do not
> check their spelling and grammar, and in general, the quality of posts
> that are actually about papercrete has dropped hugely to the point of
> not having any useful content.
>
> Please feel free to forward this to the list, or send me any important
> posts with content or about Southwest papercrete happenings, and
> certainly let me know if the list gets better. Personally, I would
> rather have fewer posts than have to scroll through an entire daily
> digest just to find that there was nothing said, but "I agree with
> xxx". Maybe it is time for a "papercrete community" list, sort of like
> I presented at the conference - online, at least. It could be a more
> free-wheeling list, although my past experience with other alternative
> living lists is that the paranoids scare everyone else away after a time.
>
>
> Thanks,
>
> Vince
>
> JUDITH WILLIAMS wrote:
> > I hope your threat to unsubscribe from the group was an idle one. I
> > always look forward to seeing what you have to contribute.
> >
> >> >
> > Sincerely, Judith
> >
> > Check out my new Squidoo Lens at http://www.squidoo.com/papercretebyjudith
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > i'm EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
> > Join me
> > <http://im.live.com/Messenger/IM/Home/?source=EML_WLHM_GreaterGood>
> >
>
>




__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___