Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Re: [papercreters] Hello, all. New here!

Welcome Lynda,
 
I make mine lighter in weight by substituting vermaculite for sand. The first ones I made have been very durable. The ones I made last May have surface hairline cracks and I'm wondering if that is because my portland was old. Thoough one of the ones I made quiet some time ago began to have hairline surface cracks as well while others that I made near the same time frame haven't so it may have something to do with water or temperature. At any rate they are much lighter so I'll just be working on refining the manufacturing process to avoid the cracks.
 
Have Fun. Carrol

Lynda <wimple6th@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hello, I'm new here. I've developed an interest and desire to work with
concrete to mold and model sculpture. Not much into construction
otherwise, but definately looking for ways to make concrete sculptures
that are lighter in weight but still durable and lasting. Thanks, Lynda



Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. __._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___