Monday, October 29, 2007

Re: [papercreters] gypsum

That one missed me by a mile! All I could think of was a picture buried on one of my webpages of me wearing a tux  : )

        Spaceman  All opinions expressed or implied are subject to change without notice upon receipt of new facts.  

robert wagner wrote:
Suit......................... bad joke. Just before sending you the message I was reading about the problems with the space station. Looking at pics of them doing spacewalks and repairs, my friend asked if I was looking for halloween costume. The conversation carried over to the post I was sending you, no harm intended only smiles.
  Thank you for the info on gypsum, it's what I thought but I wanted confirmation.
Peace Bob

Spaceman <Spaceman@starship-enterprises.net> wrote:
If ground finely it may help with the fire resistance, as most minerals would. Definitely no harm in putting it in, better than landfill  : )

Suit?
       Spaceman    All opinions expressed or implied  are subject to change without notice  upon receipt of new facts.    


robert wagner wrote:
Thanks Spaceman, just thinking about all the drywall seen in debris bin and wondering if I could save some landfill space, wasn't sure if it would help with fire retardant, insulation etc.
  Peace Bob     ..by the way I like the suit, Halloween costume or real.  lol

Spaceman <Spaceman@starship-enterprises.net> wrote:
Hydrated gypsum like drywall is pretty much just bulk. To be useful it has to be fired to drive off the water, like lime. At that point it is great as plaster and concrete adjuncts.
       Spaceman    All opinions expressed or implied  are subject to change without notice  upon receipt of new facts.    


Robert Wagner wrote:
A simple question that I can't find in archives (I haven't looked real   deep). Adding gypsum from old drywall any effects good or bad.  Peace Bob          


__._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___