Thursday, October 25, 2007

RE: [papercreters] Soaking finished papercrete

Hi Terry,

I hope you don’t mind sharing your mix?

 

That little tidbit changes my way of looking at papercrete.  Sounds like enough sand, cement, and fiber to make mortar.  What is its weight per cubic something?

Please tell us.

Janosh


From: papercreters@yahoogroups.com [mailto:papercreters@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Terry
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2007 12:28 AM
To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [papercreters] Soaking finished papercrete

 

Has anyone tried soaking a papercrete block in a tub of water?  I don't think they absorb enough water to do any damage.

 

I have paper soaking in the tow mixer, I've tossed in a few cardboard pieces this time, but while I was standing there looking at it I picked up some end pieces of dried papercrete from the edges of the last blocks I'd made that were laying on the ground - sometimes my papercrete leaks out a bit under the form.  I tossed several thickness' into the mixer to soak to see if they'd break down enough to mix back in with the new batch.  Two days later of being totally immersed in water they are not easily breaking, these are pieces that are only about a half inch thick - and maybe 6 inches long.  The chunk that's about an inch and half thick won't break at all.

 

I know different people have tested blocks for fire using torches, but has anyone set a block in tub of water to see how long it takes to absorb it and/or how much it can absorb?

 

Terry

__._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___