Tuesday, October 30, 2007

[papercreters] papercrete in the humid tropics

Hello,
 
my name is Sergio and I live in Suriname which has a hot humid climate. Now I read in the literature that papercrete is susceptible to moist air, in that it can deteriorate easier. Some people mentioned that a waterproof coat can take care of this problem. Now my main concern is drying the papercrete. In dry humid climates it takes almost 2 weeks for the papercrete to dry, but here it takes much longer. So how can I dry the papercrete in such a way that the costs do not become too high and the process is relatively fast? As an alternative, is it also possible to use an additive which makes it waterproof? I would guess not, but maybe I'm ill informed. Any help on this matter would be more than welcome. I was thinking of using a dehumidfier in combination with a fan in an inclosed space, but am not yet sure about the costs.
 
greetings,
Sergio

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com __._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___