Thursday, October 25, 2007

[papercreters] Re: What is the minimum "quality standard" for the paper used?

--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "gmentgen81428" <gmentgen@...>
wrote:
>
> Is the "paper" content for making papercrete limited to
newspaper?

Nope. I use just about every bit of paper product that comes into my
house. Just a matter of how much effort you have to put into
pulping. The only thing I don't use is stuff with plastic on it.
Other than that, anything goes, from all my junk mail (less the
window part of the envelope), paper towels, cereal boxes, frozen
food dishes, magazines, etc. I have thrown in dryer lint (not huge
amounts, but it worked), corrugated cardboard (can be done but a
pain to pulp), some grass clippings, etc.

You can read my previous posts for exact instructions, but the
important bit for me is the pulping, which I do with a pressure
washer. There are also some pics over in the photos area of how I do
it. Once it is really pulped, the rest is easy.

- Ernie


Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/