Monday, October 29, 2007

Re: [papercreters] Blade surprise

Probably, but doesn't the heat of welding do that? I didn't temper before welding, and the welds seem to be strong enough. I made sure by welding all four sides of the overlap, top and bottom. I'm not too sure how high carbon these blades are, they bent readily enough.

        Spaceman  All opinions expressed or implied are subject to change without notice upon receipt of new facts. 


bob@4agoodauction.com wrote:
When you weld the high carbon blades do you need to temper the weld ? Bob c
Subject: Re: [papercreters] Blade surprise

Well I am going to town today guess it is time to get another blade and grab the welder when I get back. I think I need to try this on my oval tank well get get back to the group on it thanks again,
Ken
__._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___