Saturday, October 27, 2007

Re: [papercreters] Blade surprise

Hey now ya got some rebar in there. It is creepy, let us know how the blender idea works been thinking about that myself.

Spaceman <Spaceman@starship-enterprises.net> wrote:

Yesterday afternoon I emptied my mixer to find that half of my blade was missing! I did notice a little vibration while mixing, but attributed it to a lump stuck on the blade, as sometimes happens. No hole in the side of the mixer, and the missing part is nowhere to be found, so I assume it is in the wall that I am slipforming.

It was a 20" lawn mower blade that has been in use for over six years, well over five hundred loads. I just got home from a hardware store where I bought two identical blades that I plan to put in an "X" configuration to see if I can get more efficient mixing. I'll also bend one of the blades upward to resemble a blender blade.
--              Spaceman    All opinions expressed or implied  are subject to change without notice  upon receipt of new facts.      http://starship-enterprises.net  http://starship-enterprises.com    

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com __._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___