Monday, July 2, 2007

[papercreters] prickly pear


I've been offered large amounts of prickly pear from a nearby farm that
is doing some landscaping. I don't know much about using it with
papercrete, but I bet some folks on this list do.

Here is what I've found so far about prickly pear and papercrete.

- cement substitute in plaster - quicklime (slack it) add the prickly
pear cactus gel.

- sealing papercrete - applying prickly pear mucilage.

- cement substitute in papercrete - no recipe found.

Questions:

1. What part of the prickly pear is valuable? The paddles or the fruit, or
both?

2. How do I Break down prickly pear? Tow behind? In my usual stucco or
block mix?

3. How do I spray prickly pear mucilage? Airless paint sprayer or
tirolessa?

4. Recipes?

__._,_.___
SPONSORED LINKS
Yahoo! Groups

Moderator Central

get help and provide

feedback on Groups.

Sitebuilder

Build a web site

quickly & easily

with Sitebuilder.

Yoga Resources

on Yahoo! Groups

Take the stress

out of your life.

.

__,_._,___