Friday, July 27, 2007

RE: [papercreters] Tool Stores

I agree in not endorsing a store….but harbor freight stuff has worked out well for me.

 

I like to by American.  But It is hard to find that in any of the big or small stores….and when it is found….price is tough to swallow.

 

I did have a problem with their 12V water pump.  I had looked at it and saw that a very cheap rubber wheel pushed the water.  In that case I bought a warrantee..and used that warrantee 3 times…eventually getting my money back.  Shur flow seems to make a decent 12V water pump.  I was making a sprayer to tow behind the garden tractor.

 

Regarding other stuff…..no problem with anything…..

 

I get concerned with internet no name places….harbor opened a couple of stores in NJ…and at least I can walk in there and face someone.  Whether I get satisfaction of not I a better choice for me than not being able to talk to someone.

 

I have a large collection of power king/economy tractors.  And the stuff that they have (tire changers etc) is just right for me.

 

I sometimes get from northern tool as well.

 

Thanks

 

Bill

 


From: papercreters@yahoogroups.com [mailto:papercreters@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of slurryguy
Sent: Friday, July 27, 2007 10:48 AM
To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [papercreters] Tool Stores

 

People have mentioned Harbor Freight as a discount tool supplier.

There are others that are similar. "Buyer Beware" as Joyce stated is
appropriate with any store in this class. Some products are good,
others can be trash.

Chains to look for that may or may not have stores in your region.

Menards
Cummins

I'm not endorsing any store.

There's also a slew of online stores. I know even less about them.

hmmmmmmmmm.... more stuff, knowing less.

Someone once said experts are people that, "Know more and more about
less and less. Eventually they'll know everything there is to know
about nothing."

The converse seems to also apply, especially to me.
There's more and more stuff that I know less and less about.
Eventually I'll know nothing about everything. :)

Oh wait. IT'S ALREADY HAPPENED! Several years back, my daughter
said I didn't even know how to dress myself! Any day know I won't
eeeven know how to spel korklee and my mined wil bee come moosh. Is
logial!

__._,_.___


SPONSORED LINKS
Home repair improvement Papercrete Uniform building code
1997 uniform building code Uniform building code online

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___