Tuesday, July 31, 2007

[papercreters] Papercrete 101

As of yesterday, I've amassed each of the elements I need to make my first experimental batch of papercrete:
 
- Hilti SR 16 cool-as-sh*t heavy-duty drill
- 24" Quick Mud Mixer
- Several 5-gallon buckets
- Paper shredder
- Newspaper
- Portland cement
- 4 8' cedar 2x6s to make the form
- Cedar screws & metal corner pieces
- 2 pallets for the blocks to drain on
 
I've found recipes for 200-gallon tow mixers, but extrapolating that recipe down to a 5-gallon bucket is beyond my mathematical skills.  I seem to recall someone posting here in the last month or so about his/her recipe for 5-gallon buckets.  I'll do a search, but if you know what I'm talking about, if you could point me to that discussion, I'd be ever so grateful.
 
OH -- and thanks to those of you who were so nice and responded to my premature question about wall building.  I've decided to make some blocks first, then worry about wall footings.
 
To my neighbor in St. Hedwig -- I'm north of Dripping Springs, out by Hamilton Pool -- caliche country.
 
Melody in TX
__._,_.___


SPONSORED LINKS
Home repair improvement Papercrete International building code
Home and gardens 2000 international building code

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___