Friday, July 27, 2007

Re: [papercreters] Re: Paper create -new to field

From: Joyce E <yz0ld0wl@ohiohills.com>


>HF = Caveat Emptor. We have gotten some good stuff from Harbor Freight,

>but we've gotten some pure-D junk as well. Best thing if you can is to

>go to an outlet store and check out the quality of the item for yourself.

I totally agree. I don't think I'd want to order most things from them mailorder for that reason. There is a store where I live, so I just go there. I eliminate some of what I thought about buying when I see it in the store. Some things though, you can't tell.

For myself, if it's an item I'll be using a lot, like a tablesaw or miter saw, I buy the best one I can afford. For little things, or things I only need occasionally, I buy it on sale or at a discount place like Harbor Freight. As far has HF goes, sometimes I'll take a chance if the sale is good enough. For example, I got a 4" angle grinder from them a few years ago for about $15 or so (maybe less, I don't remember). It turns out that I used it more then I ever dreamed, but it's been an incredibly durable tool and I've never had a problem with it. Other things haven't worked quite as well, but overall I'm happy with what I've bought from them.

Greg



____________________________________________________________________________________
Get the free Yahoo! toolbar and rest assured with the added security of spyware protection.
http://new.toolbar.yahoo.com/toolbar/features/norton/index.php



Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/