Tuesday, July 3, 2007

[papercreters] mixes - was fibrous cement photos


I've done 4' x 8' panels with the same simple portland and paper mix.
While I was experimenting with boric acid, clay, sand, joint compound,
and other materials in mixes I saw no additional value. I used to use
significantly less Portland, but I was not happy with the flammability,
strength, dry time, warped shapes, and shrinkage.

On Wed, Jul 04, 2007 at 12:25:46AM -0000, Ernie Phelps wrote:
> Do most folks add sand or other agregates? I don't either, although
> my mix is alot lighter on the portland than Mike's. So far it is
> serving my purpose, although if I was building big walls I might add
> some sand.

__._,_.___
SPONSORED LINKS
Yahoo! Groups

Moderator Central

get help and provide

feedback on Groups.

Sitebuilder

Build a web site

quickly & easily

with Sitebuilder.

Yoga Resources

on Yahoo! Groups

Take the stress

out of your life.

.

__,_._,___