Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Re: [papercreters] Re: Fibrous Cement - some photos


I never bought the sand for thermal mass idea myself. I want my thermal mass inside the insulation envelope, not part of it. Sand does add compression strength, but I don't use papercrete in load bearing applications and I'm after the most insulation I can get. My mix is normally paper- water- borax- portland cement. Proportions vary depending on the end use.

Spaceman


Ernie Phelps wrote:

Do most folks add sand or other agregates? I don't either, although  my mix is alot lighter on the portland than Mike's. So far it is  serving my purpose, although if I was building big walls I might add  some sand.  - E

__._,_.___
SPONSORED LINKS
Share Photos

Put your favorite

photos and

more online.

Moderator Central

Get answers to

your questions about

running Y! Groups.

Official Samsung

Yahoo! Group for

supporting your

HDTVs and devices.

.

__,_._,___