Sunday, July 1, 2012

Re: [papercreters] Re: Compressing Wet Papercrete



When I was with Judith 3 weeks ago, we mixed three mortar pans full, by hand,  and cast a floor - we used hammer milled paper- her comment was how much easier it was than the tow mixer - Ya know, different tools at different times for different jobs - use what ya got , still I would advise to not discount sand, it really pulps the paper and controls the shrinkage -Clyde


From: spaceman <Spaceman@starship-enterprises.net>
To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, July 1, 2012 2:19 PM
Subject: Re: [papercreters] Re: Compressing Wet Papercrete

 
This has never been an issue for me. I add portland on top of the pulp and a couple of minutes of mixing gives me a very consistent mix. I do not use sand, however. Sand can be a problem, dropping into the corners and never moving again. Even then, I have watched Judith mix by putting it all in the mixer, cardboard, minerals, cement, water, and then drive it around a bit and come back with a homogenous mix.

I'm curious if others with tow mixers have had a problem?

spaceman

On 7/1/2012 9:16 AM, Clyde T. Curry wrote:
when adding mortar to the equation, I have never seen a tow mixer do a good job -






__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___