Friday, July 20, 2012

Re: [papercreters] PC & Fiberglass



I have read about issues with glass and portland cement. I just googled portland cement + glass and was surprised that the main issue is with recycled glass having sugar which is bad, but clean glass is not a problem, in fact can produce some interesting products. http://icestoneusa.com/product/gallery gives me some good ideas for some blue wine bottles that were broken.

I would say it is worth a shot, please post pictures and a description of how you mix it and your results.

I personally hate fiberglass. Every time I work with it, no matter how much protection I wear, I end up itching through multiple showers. I'll bet the powder is worse. Isn't that how they made itching powder early last century?

spaceman

On 7/20/2012 8:12 PM, trendawareness wrote:
I may have access to several hundred pounds of ground fiberglass.      This is scraps from the manufacture of reinforced fiberglass boards that has been ground back into a powder.      With it stated that gloves, masks, and long sleeves are required; is this something I should consider for a papercrete mixture?     Thanks    Dan        



__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___