Sunday, July 22, 2012

[papercreters] Slip Form Follow-up Question

In response to my earlier questions, the slip-forming proponents have indicated that it's the only way to make large blocks or wall units in a humid environment.

My understanding is that a slip-formed wall unit will be usable within a day or two after the final layer has been poured.

With that said, I've started to assemble some framework for my wall panels that I'll fill-in with papercrete using slip-forming techniques.

But my project also requires highly insulated 5' L x 5' W x 1' H horizontally oriented panels.

My question is, being in a humid environment, what's the best way to make a large, horizontal, papercrete component?

Can I make them vertically using slip-forming techniques then roll it horizontally?

If so, do I need to wait several weeks for the unit to dry, or being slip formed, can a unit be placed horizontally after a few days?

Thanks

Dan








------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/