Sunday, July 22, 2012

RE: [papercreters] OK...dumb question...



Just a note about papercrete in wet environments. I live in high and dry NM so do not have to worry about humidity. A few years ago (6 I think) I added a sort of salt box shed thing to my other shed. I used some papercrete blocks as a sort of foundation thinking it would be very temporary. Well I took that shed down a couple of years ago but left the blocks. The original shed is still there and the rain pours off the roof on top of the blocks. They get a little soft when wet but I see no mold or anything. These were some of the first blocks I made and had more cement than I use now so maybe that's why they are staying so nice.



Follow progress on the new project at http://www.papercretebyjudith.com/blog

More papercrete info at http://squidoo.com/papercretebyjudith



To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
From: Spaceman@starship-enterprises.net
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2012 08:09:07 -0600
Subject: Re: [papercreters] OK...dumb question...

 
Excellent point. Newspaper is different from office paper which is way different from cardboard boxes. I use a wide variety of mixes according to the final purpose of the pc.

I think the point being made here is that pc will work with lots of variation in mix. Nothing to stress over unless you are trying to use pc in a structural situation. Since pc is normally used in thick walls the thickness usually makes up for concerns about compressive strength.


On 7/22/2012 7:57 AM, Garth & Kim Travis wrote:
Once you start working with it,   you get a real feel for how it will mix, as all paper is not created equal.  




__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___