Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Re: [papercreters] Re: Best way to pour 6" x 12" x 52" block?



Dan,
If 5' by 5' is the largest size you could make a mold out of 3/4" plywood a foot deep and pour each wall on some hardware cloth on some flat ground.  That way you could pour all the walls at the same time and they will dry pretty much at the same time.  You can add more to each mold for shrinkage and then you'll know you have the full 12" thickness.  A 5' X 5' wall 1 foot thick is not going to be heavy when it is dry two guys could easily pick it up and put it place.  Maye two of the molds you would need to make 7' long to lap to the other two walls.  Are you going to have a cement pad or something for a floor?  If you are, you can embed short sections of rebar in the perimeter to impale each wall section on.  Did I get the impression this was going to be below grade? 
Ron


From: trendawareness <trendlinesystems@gmail.com>
To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, July 2, 2012 6:19 AM
Subject: [papercreters] Re: Best way to pour 6" x 12" x 52" block?

 
Ron,

That's my problem. Where I live, high temps bring high humidity. My first long block looks great, but nearly a week later I can't even move it for fear of it breaking.

Where do I get info on the very basics of slip forming? I grasp the concept, but not the "how to" details, particularly getting the first layer right and what types of molds I may need to build.

For my project I'll need to construct a 5' x 5' x 1' movable wall panel. So I won't be starting from a foundation.

Thanks!

Dan





__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___