Monday, July 16, 2007

Re: [papercreters] Re: About your dome home

No, I built a dome because I have wanted one ever since I saw my first picture of one back in the late 1960's. The weather resistance, the extra space for the same money, the cheaper heating and cooling, all that is just gravy! I just wanted to live in a geodesic. Over the years I have built several, this is the first one I have lived in, and it is all I dreamed of. We do get winds in the 50mph range very often, and get over 80mph several times a year. It's a good thing I love domes.

The large 33'D main dome is one large space with a 20' ceiling. About eighteen months ago I got a new Dolby 5.1 surround sound home theater system, and put a speaker at the center of each pent except the top one. The subwoofer sits on the floor. The sound is amazing! Papercrete domes have nice acoustics.

I'm available for advice either on list or off, anytime you need help.

Robert & Connie wrote:

Lucky me!  I got to see the picture in my email, Spaceman, and your  dome is absolutely beautiful.  I wish you were here to advise us.  This  is exactly what our first choice would be if it could be fit iinto the  budget.  I suspect you built a dome same reason we want a dome, the  horrific storms and wind.  Connie   
   
__._,_.___


SPONSORED LINKS
Home repair improvement Papercrete Uniform building code
1997 uniform building code Uniform building code online

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___