Tuesday, July 3, 2007

[papercreters] Re: Shrinkage in monopour walls?

--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "Robert & Connie"
<babalubird@...> wrote:
>
> You bring up something that concerned me, besides the meeting of
> different materials.
>
> With the shrinkage problems of papercrete, what about monopour
> walls? Do these crack like crazy? Worse than using papercrete brick
> and papercrete mortor?
>
> Connie
>

Connie - I don't think in the end that the continuous pour will crack
anymore than the mortared blocks. Also like adobe, it is easily
repaired and seldom structural. I live in an earthship and have dealt
with the cracking issue with moving earth. The correct mixture will
certainly reduce cracking. I question the value of rebar in PC as it
doesn't really adhere to it very well. - also I would have concerns
with load bearing PC structures as I do with strawbales.

__._,_.___
SPONSORED LINKS
Sitebuilder

Build a web site

quickly & easily

with Sitebuilder.

Moderator Central

Get answers to

your questions about

running Y! Groups.

Yoga Groups

Exchange insights

with members of

the yoga community.

.

__,_._,___