Tuesday, July 3, 2007

[papercreters] Re: Fibrous Cement - some photos

--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "fibrouscement" <calypso@...>
wrote:
> From there I shoveled out to a five gallon bucket where I think I
> filled up about 60% with the slurry. Then I added about 3 shovels of
> sand and finally about one or two shovels full of finish stucco to
> the very top and then mixed this with a paint paddle on a dewalt
> drill motor.

Ah, okay, a bit heavier on the sand than I guessed, but not too far
off. =)

> The slurry in the cement pan lasts for several days.

Same experience here, although it begins to smell a bit in the
Florida sun. Have not noticed any diff in how it sets though.

> The glass light train at the top of the south facing long wall on
> the 16 X 12 garden cottage is made up of gallon wine jugs that I
> cut the tops off with a 10" tile saw - a bit of a dicey project
> (you need to cover up well) - but once you are set up I cut those
> in no time ;-) the green glass is nice.

Yikes. You are a braver man than I. How many did you explode? If you
are going to do much of that see if you can find an auction on old
lapidary equipment. They have some water based saws with diamond
blades that are enclosed in a casing that would be alot safer for you
(designed for cutting rock, but works on glass).

- Ernie

__._,_.___
SPONSORED LINKS
Yahoo! Groups

Moderator Central

An online resource

for moderators.

Yahoo! Groups

Join a yoga group

and take the stress

out of your life.

Drive Traffic

Sponsored Search

can help increase

your site traffic.

.

__,_._,___