Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Re: [papercreters] Simplicity



Thank you!  It was fun! I will be at it more because I need to done stones in place and more little walls.  These are just silly little tests except for the larger rectangle ones - I do hope to actually use them on the hill for holding flowers in some potting soil - not quite the "picket" idea, but I might use them horizontally, maybe even saw (or break) in half and zig zag them. 
 
I was never sure when my mud was done.  it seemed after putting in the equal parts Portland cement and sand in enough water to make a slurry, I just started throwing in the shredded paper (and more water) until I could squeeze it into a ball after letting it churn for a while.   My last batch was better than the first. 

From: spaceman <Spaceman@starship-enterprises.net>
To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 5:58 PM
Subject: Re: [papercreters] Simplicity
 
You did great! That looks like some nice mud, how did you like working with it?

With a round bottom bowl like that you might get away with coating the outside and then maybe embedding tiles/rocks or something as Charmaine suggested.

On 5/29/2013 4:47 PM, MotherReiver wrote:
 Did I upload right?
 
 
Just a couple of pics, as you can see, I'm a true newbie wanting to make garden implements - I am truly wowed by what all you guys do!


__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___