Sunday, March 18, 2012

Re: [papercreters] Spaceman's posts



I hear you.  You use some specialized software (that may not be available for a Mac) but bang for buck I have used Mac's for a long time and never have these issues.  I even use Google Sketch Up, which is a great (free) program for designing anything.  Actually as a teacher, they let me use Sketch Up Pro for free as long as I prove I am currently a teacher every year.  It is good because it lets you place a building design right on the place you plan on building it in Google Earth.  I have designed a building that I want to build out of PC to do all the other things I want to do inside.  50' X 30' the first year with 30' additions as funds allow.  I am close to retiring so I may get to it soon.  All I've done toward this big project so far is fill all available nooks and crannies with paper;)  I guess I can re-constitute my old PC that I built over the last few years in the new, or imbed the remains of blocks in the slip form walls like Judith and others have done to keep the yard clear of debris.
Ron


From: spaceman <Spaceman@starship-enterprises.net>
To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, March 18, 2012 2:44 PM
Subject: Re: [papercreters] Spaceman's posts

 
There's no accounting for the vagaries of the interwebs. I wish confuzers were more consistent like papercrete. With pc I know I can take 100# of paper, 100# of portland cement, 5# of borax, 175 gallons of water, and 1/4 gallon of gas and turn it into some good building material. Not so with confuzers. Twice in the last 24 hours my best box has locked up, and after a hard reboot has informed me it "restarted" because windoze updated. Never mind that I have it set to ask first. Each time took a couple of additional reboots before things started working again. If the software I need had an equivalent linux version, I would never again have a m$ product anywhere near me. </rant mode>

However, that doesn't fix this issue. Any ideas out there?


Ron Richter wrote:
Well, this one is fine.  The one with the truck no-tow mixer picture was fine, but the one you sent at 11:30 that starts out "Duh, I guess I didn't read that too clearly." today ran off the page.  Interesting.


From: spaceman <Spaceman@starship-enterprises.net>
To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, March 18, 2012 1:40 PM
Subject: Re: [papercreters] Spaceman's posts

 
I just migrated my mail to a new confuzer in the last couple of days, but that has been a recurring issue with thunderbird and yahoo for a long time. On some groups my posts refuse to be quoted. It's nothing I have done on purpose, and I haven't found any settings to fix it. Surely I'm not the only one using thunderbird for mail. I do run a very high screen resolution for graphics editing, but I don't see how that would affect how the yahooligans handle my mail.



Ron Richter wrote:
Spaceman,
Some of your posts trail off to the right so far they are a bugger to read, while others fit on a page just fine.  Do you use different computers to post your thoughts?  Does anyone else see his posts like I do or do I possibly have a problem with my computer settings?  All the other posts coming from all over the country seem to fit on a page as far as I can tell.
Ron
|**|begin egp html banner|**|  


No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2114/4878 - Release Date: 03/18/12




__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___