Sunday, March 25, 2012

Re: [papercreters] Re: Block cutting



Could be wrong (again)... I was thinking past the shrinking stage and just before so much crystallization...a small window I'm sure...hey it's all R&D.

--- On Wed, 3/21/12, JayH <slurryguy@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: JayH <slurryguy@yahoo.com>
Subject: [papercreters] Re: Block cutting
To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wednesday, March 21, 2012, 3:00 PM

 

The issue I see with cutting them partially dried is that they are not done shrinking yet.

One of the primary reasons (but not the only reason) for cutting blocks is to get a consistent size and shape. If the blocks are going to still shink after cutting, cutting them while partially dried partially defeats that advantage for cutting them in the first place.

--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, Othello English <ifilmswest@...> wrote:
>
> Thanks again for that very important info...I knew someone who actually died from Silicosis it was sudden and unexpected, he was a construction worker...I wonder what would  happen if I cut them partially dried...I'll keep the group posted after I fire up the operation in a few weeks...that chain saw is looking better all the time.
>



__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___