Thursday, March 22, 2012

[papercreters] Re: MIXERS;



So I took time to play with the treadmill today.
I wouldn't necessarily call it a smashing success but it works.
It just happened to work out so that getting the mixer blocked up high enough to get the treadmill under it, I didn't need to shim the treadmill. 

However I later turned the T/M around because the mixer was running backwards. No big deal but I figured running with the cutting edge forward couldn't hurt.

After I turned it around there was to much pressure to the T/M and by the time I got it shimmed it started raining.

What I ended up doing was running about 40 pounds of paper with about 100 g of water. I didn't soak the paper and I didn't use any portland or sand because I wanted the option of just throwing this batch back into the mixer later.

The paper was mostly junk mail along with a small amount of newspaper a few catalogs, and a little cardboard.

I checking the T/M motor by touch every few minutes for overheating and after about 30 minutes I turned it off. It wasn't too hot to leave your hand on it but it was getting pretty warm so I shut it off for a while.

I took a vid with my Bloggie but I can't get it to upload.
I'm kind of a dunce with that sort of thing. :-/
But here's a few pics...



__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___