Thursday, March 22, 2012

[papercreters] Attaching things to papercrete walls



I did really well in getting the cement in my mix down to 1/2 bag per 200 gallon mix. Now that I am ready to hang a shelf I am worried it might be too heavy for the wall. The screws may pull out. I have been thinking of all sorts of different ways to make sure the shelf doesn't fall down. I even looked at some of those fancy fasteners but don't know what to buy. There are some that have a plastic part the goes into the hole first and some that have little wing thingies that stick out if you put them into drywall. I also thought I would glue a decorative piece of punched tin to the wall behind where the brackets will go. I just don't know, but I want that shelf up there soon. It's a 2x12 12 feet long to span an entire wall. I have 4 beautiful cast iron brackets to hold it up.



Follow progress on the new project at http://www.papercretebyjudith.com/blog

More papercrete info at http://squidoo.com/papercretebyjudith


__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___