Friday, March 2, 2012

[papercreters] SG, etc.



Well I must say that hearing from Slurryguy is one of the best things to happen in an long time. I have a feeling there will be renewed interest in the group, people checking in, updates and lots more. 

As far as updates on my project, I have the biggest part of the construction done. I will have to beef up the roof - no leaks but I feel it should be thicker. I threw a few old panels up there when I was cleaning up the yard. I will mix up a batch of slurry and affix everything.

The other little building is up all the way but is totally unfinished. It needs the fireplace built and doors installed. Then interior plaster and the floor.

After searching for a cabinet that might work as a kitchen sink base I decided to go ahead and build one. So that is started. I made a huge mistake trying to seal the walls with a mixture of 1 part vegetable oil to 2 parts milk. The mix was fine and seems to be adequate however the nozzle on the sprayer wasn't working right so it didn't spray on evenly. I think I'll just make up some more and sponge it on.

I'm really looking forward to staying up there as soon as the weather gets a little better. I'm house/dog sitting this week but plan to get set up when I get home.

Well that's it for now. I have to discipline myself to post to the blog soon. I am so bad at that.......



Follow progress on the new project at http://www.papercretebyjudith.com/blog

More papercrete info at http://squidoo.com/papercretebyjudith


__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___