Sunday, July 22, 2007

[papercreters] Permits, etc

As many of you know I went into my project without getting a permit. There were several contributing factors to this. For one thing I never expected it to grow into such a big thing and didn't have any plans drawn up. Also working with no money and a bunch of other stuff. Anyway, a few weeks ago a neighbor called for an inspection of his foundationa and I got shut down. At first I freaked out and didn't know what to do. I've done nothing but work at my job and then on this house for almost 3 years with no time off. All of a sudden I had what seemed to me like nothing to do. Well anyway, to make a long story short, I'm over the shock and rather enjoying some time off. I still don't know how to procede. I've called the inspector but he hasn't gotten back to me so I guess I'll call for an inspection to see where I stand and what I can do the get it up to permit standards. I still don't have the money it will take to get and architect and engineer but as it has always happened with me the universe is aware and is providing what I need. I went to a little bbq last night and the folks there suggested I have a benefit at my place accepting donations. They have a band which is very good and said they would love to perform for free. So I'm thinking about doing that and also have been offered a weekend job that pays very well. So, my advice to all who are concerned and are planning to build a house with papercrete is to see about getting a permit but don't let that stop you. I love my house as it's coming along. I know it will get finished and will be beautiful. Just wanted to keep you all informed. I've received so much encouragement and wonderful advice form this group. Thanks to all of you. I'll let you know about the party so you can come if you want.


Missed the show?  Watch videos of the Live Earth Concert on MSN. See them now! __._,_.___


SPONSORED LINKS
Home repair improvement Papercrete Uniform building code
1997 uniform building code Uniform building code online

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___