Sunday, July 22, 2007

RE: [papercreters] Re: New photos

HI Teresa, Im not sure what you mean by specs. I guess I'm what you call an "intuitive" builder. I laid out my house by laying a 100' hose on the ground and moving it around til I had the shape I wanted. Then I grabbed a shovel and started digging. When I did the math to order my roofing roughsawn I treated it as a rectangle and figured I had about 1000 sf. The blocks are 13" wide so the walls will end up being that plus however thick the plaster is. Hope this helps. Let me know. Thanks for the compliment. I really appreciate it.


To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
From: trax78245@yahoo.com
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 01:53:44 -0500
Subject: RE: [papercreters] Re: New photos

Hi Teresa,

 

Take a page from Bob Merrill's book and use the papercrete to plaster the strawbale house.  You can also use papercrete to make interior walls (frame in walls, stretch used carpet, spray or trowel on papercrete). 

 

Pat

St.Hedwig, TX

 


From: papercreters@yahoogroups.com [mailto:papercreters@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Teresa Howell
Sent: Friday, July 20, 2007 8:42 PM
To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [papercreters] Re: New photos

 

Judith,
Your house looks like it will be absolutely smashing!

I'm new on this list, so I apologize if you've already posted this,
but what are the specs on your project?

Teresa Howell (who almost wishes she'd heard about papercrete before
she started her strawbale house, and who is now wondering how to
incorporate papercrete in it now.)

--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "slurryguy" <slurryguy@...>
wrote:
>
> Here is a url to take you straight to Judith's pics.
> http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/photos/browse/e1fb?c=
>
> Here's a the same album as a tiny clickable url:
> http://tinyurl.com/2jec56
>
>
> --- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, JUDITH WILLIAMS
> <williams_judith@> wrote:
> >
> >
> > Slurryguy was kind enough to post a few new photos of my
project.
> My walls are up to above the windows and doors now. What happened
was
> a friend who I met on the internet through a mutual interest in
> alternative building stopped by when I wasn't here and snapped
these
> pics which he emailed to me. My camera met its end at the bottom
of
> my cooler in a puddle of melted ice so I haven't taken any recent
> shots to share. The heat here in NM is forcing me to take a break
> from construction but I'm pondering some very interesting new
things
> to do with papercrete while I sit in the shade with a tall cool
one (
> or maybe 2 or 3 .....). I'm happy to see so many new members to
the
> group and always look forward to learning what everyone is up to.
> Judith
> > __________________________________________________________
> > Don't get caught with egg on your face. Play Chicktionary!  
> > http://club.live.com/chicktionary.aspx?icid=chick_wlmailtextlink
> >
>




Local listings, incredible imagery, and driving directions - all in one place! Find it! __._,_.___


SPONSORED LINKS
Home repair improvement Papercrete Uniform building code
1997 uniform building code Uniform building code online

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___